Membership Categories and Dues Structure
DirectTrust.org membership is open to any Direct exchange participant who is a provider or user of Direct exchange services, any healthcare provider organization, any person providing services to healthcare providers, any governmental entity, any educational or scientific research organization and any other nongovernmental entity serving the healthcare industry with an interest in Direct exchange and the NwHIN.
Corporations, partnerships, and other for-profit entities. (Dues are based on annual corporate revenues from healthcare-related business.)
- i Revenues of $500,000,000+ Annual dues: $20,000
- ii Revenues of $25,000,000 - $499,999,999 Annual dues: $10,000
- iii Revenues of $5,000,000 - $24,999,999 Annual dues: $2,000
- iv Revenues of $1,000,000 - $4,999,999 Annual dues: $1000
- v Revenues of less than $1,000,000 Annual dues: $500
Individuals who wish to support or who wish to be kept directly informed of DirectTrust.org activities. Individuals in this membership category are non-voting members.
- i Individual not employed by an organization eligible for membership in any other category (i.e. retiree or not currently employed) Annual dues: $250
- ii Individual affiliated with and sponsored by a professional association that is a member of DirectTrust.org Annual dues: $190
Medical and Dental Practices
Enterprises with physicians, dentists or other medically trained personnel that provide direct medical services and/or managed care services to patients (not including Hospitals and Healthcare Systems, as defined below).
- i Professional organization/clinic with more than 25 physicians and/or other providers Annual dues: $2,000
- ii Practice or clinic with 11 - 24 physicians and/or other providers Annual dues: $1000
- iii Practice or office with 10 or fewer physicians and/or other providers Annual dues:$500
Nonprofit professional, charitable, scientific or educational organization that qualifies under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code (not including Hospitals and Healthcare Systems as defined below).
- i Gross revenues/budgets of $5,000,000+ Annual dues: $2,000
- ii Gross revenues/budgets of $1,000,000 - $4,999,999 Annual dues: $1000
- iii Gross revenues/budgets of less than $1,000,000 Annual dues: $500
Hospitals and Healthcare Systems
Enterprises with medically trained personnel that provide direct medical services and/or managed care services to patients (not including Medical and Dental Practices, as defined above).
- i Large hospital systems comprised of more than 10 hospitals, with or without associated/owned clinics, Annual Dues: $20,000
- ii Academic Medical Center and related teaching hospital(s) and clinic(s); or a hospital / hospital system with 401+ licensed beds, or; a managed care organization Annual dues: $15,000
- iii Hospital with 251 - 400 licensed beds Annual dues: $10,000
- iv Hospital with 100 - 250 licensed beds Annual dues: $5,000
- v Hospital with fewer than 100 licensed beds Annual dues: $1,000
Federal, State, city, county agency or special governmental district (not including Medical and Dental Practices or Hospitals and Healthcare Systems, as defined above)
- i Serving population over 50,000: $10,000
- ii Serving population under 50,000: $5,000
Full-time student at an accredited institution of higher learning. Individuals in this membership category are non-voting members.
- i Annual dues: $50
Commercial sponsors are not members, but enjoy access to resources and events, together with visibility to the members. Sponsorship opportunities and costs may be defined by the Board of Directors from time to time or negotiated by the sponsoring entity on an individual basis with the Board.
The Board of Directors may establish additional categories of membership or sponsorship.