Click here to access the full article.
WASHINGTON, Oct. 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — DirectTrust today announced continued steady growth in the number of Direct exchange users, addresses, and transactions. The organization also announced the addition of two members during the third quarter. DirectTrust is a non-profit health care industry alliance created to support secure, identity-verified electronic exchanges of protected health information (PHI) between provider organizations, and between provider and patients, for the purpose of improved coordination of care.
According to end of third quarter 2018 metrics:
- The number of health care organizations served by DirectTrust health information service providers (HISPs) and engaged in Direct exchange increased 25% to more than 133,000, compared with the same time last year.
- The number of trusted Direct addresses able to share PHI grew nearly 15% to more than 1.8 million.
- The number of patients/consumers involved using Direct increased 45% to more than 260,000.
- There were 65.5 million Direct exchange transactions in the third quarter of 2018, an increase of 41% over the same period last year. The cumulative total of Direct exchange transactions climbed to nearly 497 million at the end of the third quarter.
- DirectTrust’s nationwide network now includes 36 HISPs in the Accredited Trust Anchor Bundle, 5 HISPs in the Governmental Trust Anchor Bundle, and 42 Accredited Organizations (HISPs/CAs/RAs).