Click here to access the full article.
WASHINGTON, May 06, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Fueled by a migration of message transmissions to its Accredited Trust Anchor Bundle, and a broader use of its network, DirectTrust today reported record growth in the number of DirectTrust network users, addresses and transactions during the first quarter of 2019. DirectTrust is a non-profit healthcare industry alliance created to support secure, identity-verified electronic exchanges of protected health information (PHI) between provider organizations, and between providers and patients, for the purpose of improved coordination of care.
According to end of first quarter 2019 metrics:
- DirectTrust organizations served: The number of health care organizations served by DirectTrust health information service providers (HISPs) and engaged in Direct exchange jumped nearly 49% to more than 167,000 compared with the same time last year.
- DirectTrust trusted addresses: The number of trusted Direct addresses able to share PHI grew 13% to more than 1.9 million compared with the same time last year.
- DirectTrust patient/consumer addresses: The number of patients/consumers involved in using Direct messaging increased nearly 19% to more than 265,000.
- Direct exchange transactions: There were more than 164 million messages sent and received within the DirectTrust network during the first quarter of 2019. This is an increase of almost 54 million messages, or nearly 49%, compared with the previous quarter, and three and a half times over the same period last year. The cumulative total of Direct exchange transactions since its inception in 2014 reached 771 million at the end of the first quarter; a growth rate of 30+ million transactions per month.
- DirectTrust membership: Three organizations and one individual joined DirectTrust during the first quarter of 2019. Its total membership now stands at 109.